Week 2 Reading Overview

Part2:  I chose the Public Domain Edition for the reasons that it is free and I really like the audio book option! I think I will use that a lot to make sure i get through the reading assignments.

Part 3: From the videos given in the India Video playlist I chose to watch and write about Harry Potter Meets Hindu Mythology and Powerful Women in Hindu Mythology.

The first video,  Harry Potter Meets Hindu Mythology , caught my interest because I actually just finished watching all of the Harry Potter series for the first time in quarantine!  I really enjoyed them and the story line. I was really surprised to see how much of the important aspects of harry potter were similar to that of Hindu mythology. 

 

The second video, Powerful women in Hindu Mythology,  this caught my eye because I love stories with strong female leads. I feel like its something inspiring!  I am looking forward to read more and learn more about the origins of these women and what their stories are. One that caught my interest was Kali fiercest mother figure of all and slayer of demons, what a title! I also was interest in one of the female characters that was able to beat death in a battle of wills that one seemed intense. 

 

From the comics available to read the two that caught my were Krishna and Rukmini : A Love That Will

Not be Denied and The Gita: the Song of Eternal Wisdom


Krishna and Rukmini : A Love That Will Not be Denied

This story interested me because well I really enjoy love stories and from  the title it seemed like a pretty strong love story. This story is about a princess named Rukmini who wants to marry Krishna the mortal enemy of her brother. Krishna has to go through great lengths and defeat his enemies to reach his love and be able to marry her. 

 


The Gita: the Song of Eternal Wisdom 

This story is about a man named Arjuna who is at the edge of the beginning of battle with his family member and guru. I couldn't even imagine my thoughts before battle especially of someone who was am important figure.  among the Chaos that his mind is going through luckily Krishna teaches Arjuna " The song of the Lord" and then his doubts and fears are resolved and he goes into battle. Sounds like a pretty epic moment to me! 

Part 4:

Hayagriva and Brahma 

I really liked the art and colors of this picture! It also seemed pretty interesting art! I hope to learn more about this picture and the story behind it.

Comments

Popular Posts