Famous Last Words

Your reading for this week. 

This week, I read about tales from the Jakata Tales. I honestly seem to like these the best because each is a different story and its refreshing to just get to read different clever short stories. I also like the fact that it gives the reader variation instead of continuing a long story. It also is easier to get inspiration for a story of your own rendition or that was inspired from the short tales. 


Your best writing for this week.  

This week, I was able to take advantage of the microfiction option in story lab and for extra credit. Although they were short stories, I really enjoyed writing them. In all honesty it is hard to choose my favorite one for this week! I really liked the story I did in my time in quarantine due to being positive for COVID I thought my 6 word story summarized my time very well " Today was the same as yesterday." Haha! It really felt like a an endless loop of repetition! Although I am grateful for not having a sever case  for sure! It was hard staying cooped up for so long! My short stories for micro fiction extra credit were probably my favorite if I had to pick. I have written about Queen Draupadi before and chose to write about how she felt being thrown among the men the way she was and how she probably was sad that her husbands sold her. I also wrote a six word story about how she stated among the men that she was a Queen! What courage! 


Other peoples writing

I have very much enjoyed reading the creativity in this weeks writing! Many of my classmates took advantage of the micro-fiction option this week and I was very impressed. One of my favorites was so fabulous and I was impressed they were able to paint such a vivid picture with such few words. I do not remember who wrote it or the title but it was about a young woman who came across death itself. They were able to depict the tone and detail very well. It was sad to see that death took her heart and ate it braking her last tether to life. 

image source


Comments

Popular Posts