Time Strategies

 Since I did this assignment last semester in mythology I read two other articles and wrote about my thoughts on them. 


The first article I read is called 3 Steps to Recapture Time by  Joynicole Martinez. The first tip she spoke about was how crucial your first 15 minutes of the day are to get things done and the ball rolling. She also gave advice in what to do in those 15 minutes to make sure you get your times worth and to make sure your starting your day in a productive way. She mentioned how you should meditate/pray/relax for the first 5 minutes, then identify the task you wish to complete, and finally break it down into smaller steps to complete your tasks.  This was particularly helpful to me because the first start of the day is the hardest for me I feel so reluctant and I feel like when I do just start and go for it its easier to get into a grove faster. The second tip was to recognize pruning season and I am looking forward to applying this as well! This step is about taking time to recognize and eliminate things in your life that could be counterproductive or not helping you be successful. Things that one could do to optimize your time and energy are: removing things in your life that are not helping your success so you can put your energy somewhere else, recognizing when its time to let go of projects or other things that aren't worth your time, and make your work space optimal like removing physical clutter to make sure you aren't distracted in your work.  The last rule is also something I need to practice getting use to, rule 3- the art of saying no. It is so hard for me to say no because sometimes I feel like I let people down or feel guilty just for rejecting something. This part was helpful because it explained that there is nothing wrong with saying no and how to say no to people if you are having trouble. 

The second article I chose to write about is called Eat the Frog First Thing in the Morning ( And Other Better Work Habits) by Thomas Oppong

I found this second article really helpful because of my struggle to just get things done. I am the worst at just starting and getting things finished. I tend to wait around till the last minute to do things ( much like this post) and hate myself for waiting. I could really make life so much easier if I just got it done and this article focuses on that and tips that could help you to get in that mind set and make life easier. 

The first tip is recognizing the frog by putting your tasks into these categories:

1. Things you don't want to do, but actually need to do.

2. Things you want to do, and actually need to do.

3. Things you want to do, but do not need to do. 

4. Things you dont want to do, but do not need to do. 

Then you need to focus on the things you do not wanna do, but actually need to do. By using this tip, this could help you identify the task that you  need to get over with and finish so you can have time and energy for other goals/task.

Another tip was to simply say no to things you dont wanna do and do  not need to do. Sometimes we can make our lives harder unnecessarily, It is okay to say no to things you just dont want to do. By limiting the number of frogs you have to swallow you can put your time/ energy into things that you actually need to do or want to do. 

The final tip was to practice creative procrastination. You can optimize your time by getting to know/recognizing what time in the day you work most best and then focusing on your most important goals/ task in those times. You can deliberately put off things of less value/ easier and put your time in more important task.

 


Quote


Comments

Popular Posts