Growth Mindset

Growth Mindset

Since I did the growth mindset assignment last semester in mythology class, I have decided to choose two videos  from the growth mindset playlist and write about them.

The first video I chose was to write about is called 3 Tips to Boost Your Confidence.  

I chose this video because it is something I have constantly struggled with. I tend to be a very agreeable person that is non confrontational but I have learned that for long term strategy, especially in a professional world, this would not work. I learned that there needs to be balance between being agreeable and also speaking your mind/ opinion.  This video first describes the different areas that impact your confidence like social environment,genetic,  your decision/ reactions, and your outlook. The video also goes into detail about what is confidence and it explains the concept of believing that you yourself are capable, worthwhile, and valuable. Although it is difficult always be confident there and strategies that can help you navigate and handle situations that could be hurtful to your confidence. The first tip, a quick fix,  picture your success when you have a difficult task this could help the start go so much better and get the ball rolling.  The second tip, believe in your ability achieve,  by keeping a growth mindset instead of a stuck mindset can help you see the bright side of challenging tasks like seeing it as an opportunity to learn something new. The final one is probably the hardest, practice failure, this is so difficult because its hard to see yourself as not competent. I think of it as this way, if we have a goal and you keep aiming for it even if you fail your aim could be getting better in the process. I hope to apply these tips and keep a growth mind set. 

The second video I chose is called, Learning with Passion and Enthusiasm

The video first explains how your brain learns from connecting new information with old memories. It went on further to explain how your brain learns a lot better when you are excited or enthusiastic because of the chemicals released when you expect something good or are excited about something. The video even gave an example saying that there is research that children are able to learn very quickly because of their ability to make things exciting.  I do agree with this, I think that your outlook and the way you approach things mentally can help you and even hurt your learning. I personally have experienced this when I study. If I approach whatever my task is as something dreadful that is all it will be but if i change my mind set it makes the process so much smoother. 



Comments

Popular Posts